How To Care For and Use
Blinds Between Glass
How To Care For and Use Your Blink® Blinds + Glass
Blink built-in blinds stay dust-free, are safe for children and pets, and are easy to care for and operate. This video shows you how to care for your windows with blinds between the glass and doors with build-in blinds, and how to use them for optimal convenience and enjoyment.
Care & Use Instructions
Blinds typically require 24-48 hours to acclimate for proper performance. This time will vary depending on geographical location, air pressure and temperature. Recent changes in any of these conditions will lengthen the acclimation time.
To ensure years of smooth, easy operation of your blinds, follow these simple instructions:
- Slide the operator up and down to position the blind to the desired height. Some blinds have a separate tilt control; slide it up or down to tilt the blinds to the desired angle.
- For ease of operation, ensure the glass surface is clean. Dirty glass can impede operator movement, thus requiring more force to operate the blinds.
- The blind raises and lowers through use of magnets. If the operator comes loose from the glass so that you are unable to operate the blind, it means the operator magnets have become disengaged. If your operator becomes disengaged, it's easy to correct - just slide the operator all the way to the top of the unit to re-engage it.
- Slide the lower operator upward until you hear/feel one click. (Diagram A)
- Continue sliding the operator up until you hear/feel a second click. (Diagram B)
IMPORTANT: You must slide the operator to the very top (two clicks) to engage the magnets.
- If blind bottom rail becomes out-of-level, raise the blinds to the fully open position and then fully lower them. Repeat if necessary. The blinds will adjust themselves back to level.
Re-engaging your blind operator:
How to re-engage the blind operator
Occasionally, the operator for your blinds between glass can come loose from the internal magnets, causing the blind to not operate properly. If your operator comes loose, the operator magnets have become disengaged. Re-engaging the magnets is easy, and this video shows you how to do it.
How to clean the window or door glass
Although the Blink enclosed blinds in your window or door never require dusting, the glass itself must be kept clean to ensure easy operation. If operating your blind is taking more force than usual, you might need to clean the glass. This video explains how to clean the glass properly.
How to exercise the blinds for proper lowering
If the Blink blinds between glass in your window or door have been in a raised position for a long time, the blinds might not lower properly when first lowered. "Exercising" the blinds will correct this issue. This video shows you how to exercise your built-in blinds as needed.